Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Yogi Knows Marching Music

I quoted Yogi Berra in the post just before this one. Here are more gems:

· "You can observe a lot just by watching."
·
"Think! How are you gonna think and (march) at the same time?"
· "You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
·
"If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else."
·
"If you can't imitate him, don't copy him."
·
"It gets late early out there." -- Referring to the bad sun conditions at the stadium.
· "Do you mean now?" -- When asked for the time.
· "You give 100 percent in the first half of the (show), and if that isn't enough in the second half you give what's left."
· "I made a wrong mistake."
· "Yeah, but we're making great time!" -- In reply to "Hey Yogi, I think we're lost."
· "If the fans don't come out to the (stadium), you can't stop them."
· "Why buy good luggage? You only use it when you travel."
· "It's never happened in the competition, and it still hasn't."
· "I'd say he's done more than that." -- When asked if a player had exceeded expectations for the current season.
· "The other (bands) could make trouble for us if they win."
· "It ain't the heat; it's the humility."
· "The towels were so thick there I could hardly close my suitcase."

· "I didn't really say everything I said."

And my favorite ... "I'm smarter than the average bear!"

(OK - that's the other Yogi. And besides, what I've been heard to say around the house is "I'm smarter than the average bear. Not as smart as the above average bear, but smarter than the average bear.")

No comments: