Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Tricks and Treats

Lots of kids and costumes tonight. This brought on to the field of my mind another little band, Chesapeake HS of Pasadena, Maryland (I guess I'm just going to have to name names from here on out). They have a fun show based on music (I heard a lot on Saturday night) from Cirque du Soleil. The band show title is “A Strange Day at the Circus” and has kids ... and costumes!

Sometimes I hear people deride a band for doing what is perceived as an “easy” or “goof off” show. "They don’t take the performance or competition seriously." Hey, not this band! A creative program, designed for the band members abilities, and well performed for appreciative audiences! Fun is hard work, and this band makes it look easy.

I am sorry that I don't have a link for the band. If you want to enjoy a little fun on the field tonight, go on over to You Tube and search for the Bridgemen 1979 or Velvet Knights 1992.

No comments: