Saturday, January 17, 2009

To My Little Einstein: "We're going on a trip ..."

Anyone with little kids knows the rest.

Seven years ago we completed our little band of four brothers with the arrival of our Surprise Symphony (SS). While MP had "Barney" to keep him company, SS had musical/artistic descendant, the Disney Channel's "Little Einsteins" TV show.

This show has taught him wonderful music, complete with a visual story (including fantastic art). I think I was much older before I could appreciate "In The Hall of the Mountain King" from the "Peer Gynt Suite" by Edvart Grieg the way he does.

SS wants to play the flute. I think he likes it because it is something he saw on the show. Regardless, I hope he continues to appreciate music and art that he was exposed to. I know even at age 4, he was able to follow along as MP's band show performed the "New World Symphony."

Happy birthday, surprise guy. I hope I am able to give you the gift of music, and you carry it on your trip through life.

P.S. The Little Einstein's go on their trip in a little rocket ship. SS loves airplanes (he's playing with a whole set now). You never know ...

No comments: