Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I "LUV" Band!

I've got a few posts I've got to get to - a review of the USSBA National Championship for one (a Dad and son field trip) and thoughts on a band on a mission - but until I get those ideas together ...

A few posts ago I wrote about the book American Band. If you still have not purchased this book (Christmas gift, anyone?), Southwest Airlines excerpted a chapter the book as its cover story in the November issue of "Spirit", its inflight magazine.

Hey, Southwest - I LUV you! (And the fact that your HQ is in my Heart-Q of Dallas has nothing to do with it!)

By the way, if you need another thing to read to tie you over until the summer drum corps season, check out Halftime Magazine, with a great issue this time out covering events around the country. I tip my hat to Christine Ngeo Katzman, CEO and Publisher, for daring to leave warm southern California to promote her magazine at the USSBA event in Baltimore! (I took a picture of her all bundled up, but the camera is cheap, so I borrowed this from her website!)

Oh, and by the way, Congratulations to the 4 Texas bands making the Bands of America Grand National Championship Finals, including champion L.D. Bell HS Blue Raider Band of Hurst-near-Fort-Worth-but-Dallas-will-claim-you-now, Texas!

No comments: