Monday, March 8, 2010

On, Guard!

I know, I know ... ideas aren't posts. I have several I've been tossing around for my world wide audience (of less than, oh, a half-dozen), but they are pending.

In the meantime, TP is now also a flag in the winter guard (one of a handful of males and the ONLY freshman, male or female!). After some delays in getting on the competition floor (due to, umm, winter - about 4 1/2" of it) they got out there. Mmmm. Mmmm. Mmmm.

Actually, the name of the piece is "Mmm..." (3 Ms) performed by Laura Izabor; you can listen (once) on Lala.com. The guard is portraying a tribute to family loved and lost. The art of winter guard can get over my head sometime, but this year I'm along for the ride.

Along for the ride as long as they let me near the floor again. Seems someone (insert sheepish grin here) lost his iPhone while racing to pick up the floor after a show, and it got folded in to the (several) hundred pound near gym floor size tarp. So we had to unfold. And refold. In the dark. And cold.

This past weekend they overcame that handicap - I was nearly completely across the country - and did a double header, and pretty much swept the floor. The first show was a 1st in class, 1st overall (of 10) and fan favorite; the second was 2nd in class and 2nd overall (of 23). Mmm! Mmm! Mmm! - Tasty!

Seems the season just started, but they only have two shows left to go before championships. So, onward, guard!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We didn't know you had an iphone! Welcome to the wonderful world of Apple. Be sure to get the Dragon Dictation app.
-Tricia and Danny